Thursday, July 30, 2009

Yesterday

After my last post (which was literally seconds ago), I realized that yesterday was my one month "anniversary" (is it sick to call it that?) of my diagnosis.

I feel like I've made a lot of progress in just one month. I think it helps that I started working right away. And of course, my great support system has been amazing.

One month... wow.

If I can continue to progress at a similar rate as I have in the last 30 days, I really might just be okay in a few months. I know that isn't realistic, but I can't help but feel that way. I'm sure going to the doctor and getting lab work done will always be a downer. I don't want numbers like my last set, but I know I will continue to have numbers like that until I get on meds. Which really makes me sad.

This week, I only had one little breakdown. And it was after I found out I would be okay with my insurance. Compared with the first week between my reactive antibody test and my confirmatory results where all I did was cry and think about how horrible my life would be, that is pretty fucking amazing.

Yes, things really might be okay

No comments:

Post a Comment