Friday, August 7, 2009

Get Set. Go!

We are heading upstate tomorrow morning for a weekend away. We'll be in Syracuse Saturday to just chill. On Sunday, we'll be participating in a Run/Bike/Kayak relay race in Auburn, then camping out somewhere overnight. On Monday, we'll come back to the city.

I'm looking forward to being away from the city, even if it is just for a weekend. TA, DM and CG are going, along with two others from the team. I think it will be good for me to re-center.

I'm not in shape for the race and we've all decided we are doing it just for fun. Especially since DM and I had trouble finding kayaks to rent and ended up with some crappy recreational ones (as opposed to fast, racing ones). At this point, I would almost rather do the running, but that's mainly because I'm slightly nervous about kayaking.

Regardless, I'm just happy to get away. Hopefully I have a good story to tell when we get back.

No comments:

Post a Comment