Friday, January 8, 2010

Meds, Day 1

So I guess a lot has happened since the last time I posted. I realized I had to take a break from a lot of things, including my blog, because I was getting too wrapped up in things again. But now I realize that I do need some sort of outlet in my life.

Since I've last written, I've had several more labs and my counts have remained pretty steady. Lowest CD4 so far was 374 and highest VL was somewhere around 65k. However, my doctors (I have two now) have convinced me to start on meds. We had conversations about it over the last 4 visits and I finally decided to start.

After weighing 3 different options, I decided on starting Atripla. I mainly decided based on the ease of one pill a day, plus the fact that the side effects are ones that I can more likely deal with. But I'm really hoping they don't last (if I get them at all).

So this is it. I started tonight. I took the pretty large pill at 11:21 pm. I feel fine so far, but I don't know how long it might take for something to happen. I'm planning on going to sleep an hour after I took it to give me enough time to see how I feel.

If I can't sleep or start to feel side effects, I'm going to blog about it. And I am planning on blogging much more frequently now.

No comments:

Post a Comment