Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Day Four

I’m looking forward to today being less overwhelming and more about taking in information.

By the end of the day yesterday, I was feeling good. I had fun hanging out with D at his place. It felt normal. Yesterday I started a new rule that I have to take “HIV breaks,” where I just don’t focus on it and try to enjoy whatever it is I’m doing. Of course thoughts still come in here and there, but I just didn’t allow myself to only think about that. That seemed to work. I also am starting a rule on how much time I spend reading up on HIV. I want to make sure I have a healthy balance in my life.

On the agenda for today:
* Confirm the day and time for my final interview this week
* Confirm the time I can go in for my confirmatory results on Thursday
* Work on getting things finalized for this weekend
* Clean my room! (and do laundry)

And tonight, I’ll be going with DH to some LGBT mixer function. I’m hoping that with all of this I am able to keep my mind grounded and focused.

Thursday and Friday are going to be my toughest days. Between getting my confirmatory results, interviewing, and the volunteer work from 1-7 both days, I have a lot going on. Not to mention, I want to tell NP as soon as I get my results back. I don’t know how I will tell him. I’m hoping that will come to me as we get closer to the date.

Right now, I want to focus on my list for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment